3.01.2008

Bibliophiles Anonymous, anyone?

We ran errands in downtown Logan today (which somehow always deserves a special trip, even though it's maybe four blocks from our house). The plan was for me to run in alone to pick up a short list of books; Isaac decided to come in with me for a quick browse while I grabbed my stuff. This what we ended up coming home with:

That's 21 books for two people. And it's not even close to setting a record-- this is pretty much what every trip to the library ends up like. Only the top seven are mine, but considering that I'm headed into finals week in 48 hours, that really is too many. And that's in addition to the stack of picture books I already had at home, waiting for a 1st grade unit on families I should be working on:


I remember Mom rolling her eyes at my huge stacks of library books back in the day (I usually had to send some back to avoid going over the limit), but I never dreamed that I would marry someone equally addicted to my favorite past time. The only thing better than a late night reading marathon... is a late night reading marathon snuggled up next to your husband. We even fight over who gets which book first, which are pretty much the best arguments to have. That whole choosing a mate thing-- I think I did pretty well for myself.

When I was a kid I used to pretend I was scared of the dark so my parents would leave the hall light on; I thought I was pretty sneaky when I pulled a book from under the covers to read by the dim light as soon as they shut their door. I'm pretty sure that when my parents had to take away my books (plural because I usually had one hidden for just that reason) after turning off my light three times in one night, or threatened to ground me from books (the ultimate punishment), they had no idea that I was still going to be doing it years later, only this time with that W***** boy in my bed.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

so that pick me up book isn't a book of pick up lines or anything. it's like little Michaels encyclopedia

Aimee said...

It kind of freaks me out to hear you say, "With that Winder boy in my bed."