MyHeritage: Family tree - Genealogy - Celeb - Collage - Morph
I have this weird fascination with finding family resemblances in pictures. In old pictures (like the stuff my awesome gramme sent us all a few weeks ago, one heck of a family treasure) I hunt for familiar features. Pictures of kids and especially new babies, I'm scanning diligently for noses and mouths and eyeballs that look like someone I know or remember. It brings me huge amounts of satisfaction to see my smile on my mother's and gramps's faces, or to see how much his wife looked like her mother. So much pleasure in such a little thing, but I think when I have the time/money/space, I will fill my home with pictures of family both living and gone. It makes me feel like I belong to these people, like I'm a part of them, and like they're a part of me. I love it.
So when I saw the lovely Look-alike Meter above, I got so excited. I usually avoid these kinds of things, but not this one. Finally, an impartial judge to tell me who I look like the most (much debate on this topic). Except that even that has failed me, and I guess I'll just have to belong to both parents. At least I know I definitely look like my siblings.

2 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world Mrs. Winder!
I'm glad that you enjoy our blog! I do my best to keep it entertaining. I'm sorry about having the wrong link for you! I didn't know that you had this one too. You seem to be a natural at this! Your page is cute and your posts so far are fun to read. Thanks for the comment and I hope you are enjoying the last part of your semester!
Post a Comment