In the mean time, Aimee tagged me on this meme about my significant other. At least I know that someone would still like to read my blog.
1.How long have you been together? Since summer 2006. We have a hard time pinning down an exact date.
2.How long did we date? Almost 4 months from first date to proposal. Disgusting, I know, but there you have it.
3. How old is he? 23 on Monday. (Happy Birthday, Love!)
4. Who eats more? I hate to admit, but that is honestly a toss up between the two of us.
5. Who said, "I love you," first? Isaac did. And then there was this awkward pause... and then I said it back, and a couple of weeks later I admitted that I hadn't really meant it at the time but I did then.
6. Who is taller? Isaac
7. Who does the laundry? Isaac is so color blind I have to approve his outfits if we're going to be in public together. You'd better believe I don't let him touch my laundry.
8. Who does the dishes? I do, eventually.
9. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? From in the bed? I do.
10. Who pays the bills? We only have one bill that isn't on automatic withdrawal, and mostly we just both forget about it. Sorry, James and Karen!
11. Who mows the lawn? He does. Although, this is still a hypothetical situation.
12. Who cooks dinner? I do, although he's usually good to pitch in and follow directions.
13. Who is more stubborn? Hahaha, I so win this competition. It's not even close.
14. Who kissed who first? He kissed me, in a mutual kind of way.
15. Who asked who out? He did, but I really wasn't sure it was a date until he paid for my dinner at the end of the night. To give him credit, there was no doubt about the second date.
16. Who proposed? He did, at the first possible moment after I told him he could. We are a lot more practical than we are romantic.
17. Who is more sensitive? He is.
18. Who has more siblings? We both have four-- I'm the oldest and he's the baby.
19. What were you doing ten years ago? I was in seventh grade, and I don't think I did anything but mope and complain that entire year.
20. Five things on my to-do list: Finish cleaning the house, finish my portfolio (good time to pick up blogging again, right?), finish the laundry, make a to-do list for Christmas break (that really is a project unto itself) and pick up the cap and gown and I'm borrowing for graduation.
21.Things I would do if I was suddenly made a billionaire. Pay off the student loans, buy us a beautiful place in Herriman, buy a new car (and, um, fix the one we have), and spend the entire summer on a fabulous round-the-world vacation.
22. Three of my bad habits: Ignoring the dirty dishes, procrastinating returning phone calls, and reading a book past bed time.
23. Five places I have lived: West Jordan, Taylorsville, Boise, Logan, and West Valley
24. Five jobs I have had: Nanny, housekeeper, telemarkerter, USU Computer Labs flunkie, and very, VERY soon, first grade teacher!
25. Things people don't know about me: My biggest fear is that I'll spend my whole life teaching other people's children and never get have any of my own.
22. Three of my bad habits: Ignoring the dirty dishes, procrastinating returning phone calls, and reading a book past bed time.
23. Five places I have lived: West Jordan, Taylorsville, Boise, Logan, and West Valley
24. Five jobs I have had: Nanny, housekeeper, telemarkerter, USU Computer Labs flunkie, and very, VERY soon, first grade teacher!
25. Things people don't know about me: My biggest fear is that I'll spend my whole life teaching other people's children and never get have any of my own.

9 comments:
Hi Candalyn, I hope you remember me! Well, I'm so happy I found your blog and so I know what you mean about not wanting to go private! That's great that you're going to be a first grade teacher! How fun! :)
Wow - I thought you had died Candalyn! Just kidding - it was fun to see a post again. Glad you get to start your "real" job in January.
Yay!! I'm glad you posted again! I'm sure you are going to be crazy busy - but I think if you post more often then you have less to write about at any given time... much less overwhelming that way. So I say keep blogging. I want to hear all about your 1st grade class!
Hey there I'm glad you're still alive! Some thoughts about going private: you can make your blog "not searchable" which means that if people are using search engines to find this blog they will not be able to, however people can still find it by "blog hopping." Parents can be extremely sensitive about their children so if you ever plan on saying anything at all about school, or about yourself that might in the smallest tiniest way be viewed in a negative manner I think you should make it private, mostly since you live in Utah, and the mothers of your students probably read / blog hop and their is a fairly good chance that one of them might hop onto yours. It's just not worth dealing with the mess that might ensue. I leave mine public banking on the fact that the parents of my students, and my students for that matter, in Springfield VA are much less likely to hop onto my blog. And since I want to hear all about how it goes, I think you should go private...
Good luck with dilemma, sweetheart. You want my opinion? Blog away, just don't write about your students. Parents don't have a valid argument if their children aren't involved.
I agree with Aimee. I don't think that parents will search too hard for more information on you. It's fun to hear about your life again! I think we've all missed your face!
That sounds like one heck of a husband you got there, better hold on to him.
As an avid reader of "Candalyn" I can tell you that you should HOPE that a parent finds this blog. It is rich and full of character! Everything I would want in my child's teacher. Honestly, you are very tactful and tasteful in what you write. There is nothing that you should be ashamed of. I truly feel that a parent finding your blog would only elevate their opinion of you. But I do agree with most the other comments that you need to be more consistant in writing. We miss the updates!
I think we talked about this, right?
Post a Comment