3.19.2008

Some People's Children

We had the full Easter celebration with my family in Salt Lake last week, complete with adorably homemade Easter baskets. (Isaac loves holidays with my family, supposedly because as the youngest child he was cheated out of years of childhood tradition as his siblings left him behind. I am pretty sure he exaggerates the deprivation, but the fact remains that Isaac looks forward to things like Easter egg hunts more than Jens, who would like everyone to remember that he is in SIXTH GRADE and is probably way too mature for that kind of thing.) Anyway, Isaac's basket held an especially special treat for him, which makes me wonder if my mother has gone and picked someone else as her favorite child again.

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet George.
Isaac and George became fast friends, and genius struck my husband just moments after (almost) all the eggs had been retrieved, and after some of this:


and also some of this:


George was comfortably situated in his new home, like this:

Not only did we drive all the way back to Logan with this new hood ornament, it's still there, and I don't think it's going anywhere. Our new mascot comes just weeks after we finally rid ourselves of the Jedi Academy Graduate license plate frame, but I'm not convinced we've traded up. And I sincerely hope that my mom-- ahem, the Easter bunny-- is not offended by this unusual use of a gift, because it really has brought a surprising amount of laughter to this family. And produced an especially lovely picture of the event:

These faces are classic-- shrieking girls and their weirdo brother-in-law. And lovely because I loved listening to my sisters laughing with my husband out in the driveway, and because I love that my husband has such an awesome relationship with my sisters, who are so important to me. Next time I print pictures, this is going on the fridge.

I am writing lesson plans and papers galore and considering collapsing into a coma, but I promise to post Whitt's wedding and our fabulous trip to Torrey soon.

5 comments:

Isaac said...

rude

Charly said...

I like that. :) I'm glad you guys had a great Easter. I'll be up next weekend, but I'll only be with Aunt Lisa and everyone on Sunday evening to Monday. I wish I could see you too, but it will have to be another time. :) Have fun!

Charly said...

It may have been hectic, but I'm sure you had fun. :)

I'm not sure what time I'll be coming over. It will depend on when Adam has to leave, but I think that it will be around 4 at the latest. It would be great to see you too! I hope it works out. :)

Aimee said...

Isaac jipped out of holiday fun, yeah right! He is what made our holidays fun!

-Big Sister

Colette said...

I am glad that you are having fun! I saw some of your pictures to Torrey on facebook. It looks like you had so much fun!!

I don't know if you read my blog very much, but the address changed a little - it is now colayette.blogspot.com