In a noble effort to make some extra money, I signed up to work extra shifts this week. I lose a lot of shifts during practicum, so it seemed like a good idea at the time. This is what my day looks like:
Do you see the endless rows of empty seats? The complete lack of daylight? How about noticing that I'm working all alone? What the picture can't show you is that I did this for nine straight hours yesterday. And I'm almost halfway through my nine straight hours today. Just four and half hours tomorrow morning, thank goodness. I know I got myself into this, but I still feel like whining about the miscarriage of vacation justice going on here.In an attempt to liven things ups, the IT department decided to change everyone's password, and I've had to personally walk every student through the process of changing their settings. (This was more irritating than interesting, but I appreciated the effort). Maybe a third of students found that they couldn't access USU systems at all (just, oh, their only email account, or the homework system they were trying to catch up on). Those lucky (read: angry) people got to stare at the blank screen while I spent twenty or thirty minutes on hold with the Help Desk. I don't think the people answering phones are having a very good spring break, either.
Tomorrow we head to Salt Lake for a bachelorette party for Whitt (lots of fun and skankiness, since the wedding is less than a week away). Thursday morning we leave for Torrey (in a brand new mini!) with our favorite couple ever, Clay and Trista, for a long weekend away from all things responsible. I'm taking stacks of books, a swimsuit for the hot tub, and planning on lots of red rock and laughter. Can it get any better than that?
Some guy just came into the lab and asked me where everyone was. He had NO IDEA it was Spring Break this week. What kind of a college student is he? Eesh. He might as well be at BYU, where (tragically) there's no Spring Break at all.

6 comments:
yes they might not have any spring break...but they get out April 24th instead of May whatever! so that's good!
yay for tonight. can't wait. love your blog. goodbye.
camille
I didn't realize that you worked AT the school... We are so out of touch!!! :( I miss you! It's too bad I don't get to see you when I come up Easter weekend to visit my bou... At least you're making the best of your time at work. :) Keep having fun and I can't wait to hear from you!
I'm glad that you finally got to get away- we need to plan a party night so that we can play during practicum!
I am on spring break this week. Drew was on spring break last week...stinky! We were able to squeeze in a 3.5 day camping trip in between. Now I am avoiding cleaning the apartment and wishing for sun as well too much rain!
Do you seriously know three Aimee's that all spell their name like this? That is kinda freaky!
You are really funny. I like to read your blog because it makes me laugh.
Post a Comment