2.14.2009

25 Reasons To Be A 1st Grade Teacher On Valentine's

25 little love notes from 25 little ones:

DSCF2692

(Mrs. Peterson is my TA, bless her seven ways from Sunday. I couldn't live without her).

A few extra love notes left for me on the whiteboard yesterday afternoon:

DSCF2694

DSCF2695

DSCF2696

(This one says 'You're the best teacher ever! Love, child who cannot be identified on the internet).

And almost as sweet, 25 sugary valentines:

DSCF2693

I forgot that the teacher gets a haul, too! I think I counted four king-sized candy bars, chocolate dipped strawberries, three boxes of truffles, and of course that box is full of all the treats that get attached to the Hannah Montana and Transformer notes. Also, two homeless cans of frosting... I don't know, I just work here.

We had an awesome day-- I wish I could show you the pictures of giggling kids covered in pink frosting, sneaking bites of cupcakes and cookies when they thought I wasn't looking. These guys are adorable.

I knew I went with this career for a reason. Life is better when you never grow up.

5 comments:

Jan Mader said...

I'm a children's author and new to blogging (one month).

Your site caught my eye because my blog is designed for parents, teachers, and writers. My hope is to connect with lots of homeschoolers and teachers.

Please come visit!

Tawnya said...

Those are so cute!!!!!!! That is so fun, i bet it makes the hard days worth it.

Amanda J said...

That is so cute! I'm glad that you are enjoying your job!

Sarah said...

If you want to share your spoils, you know how to reach me! ;) Oh.. did you have a chance to check about the video footage from our luncheon? Happy (belated) Valentine's day.

Aimee said...

Wow, I am so excited for you! Can I come visit your classroom during a school day sometime? I wanted to be an elem school teacher when I was young.