I have a MILLION things I have been meaning to post here: the Holi Festival, our trip to Moab, a couple of weddings, our new house, and all of the new-to-us things we've been acquiring to fill it. I finally dug the camera cable out of a box last week (I think we might be all the way unpacked!) and offloaded all our pictures; I even organized them into nice little folders for each post. I was all ready to start in on them and what happens? The computer DIES. The pictures are still there-- my genius husband put them in a safe place (some special kind of drive that I don't want to understand because that's exactly why I keep him and my dad around, to save me from dealing with that kind of stuff). So they're not lost forever but they are lost for the time being, while we wait for software drivers to come in the mail so Isaac can make one last brave attempt to save the desktop.
In the meantime we're limited to my laptop-- which the perfect computer for surfing the internet and catching up on other people's blogs, but its a good ten years old and even if it had any of my pictures on it, it just doesn't have the memory to load even one .jpg onto this website. If the desktop can't be brought back to life I don't know what we'll do (homework doesn't work on the laptop, either, so come September it will be a need instead of a want) but for now I have to keep putting off all the stuff I'd rather be writing about.
So, that's my excuse, for now. Just so you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Thats too bad about your desktop hopefully Isaac will be able to get it to work. It would be fun to have a get together while we are back visiting Utah, we are planning on going to Sarah's wedding but Drew will be flying back to Virginia on either July 5th or 6th most likely so before then would be perfect. Well we hope to see you over the summer and we both love reading your blog!
Fixed.
We missed you guys at church today. Hope you're having fun in Island Park!
Maybe you can make some homemade ice cream and bring it over to your favorite 34 year old sister-in-law??
Post a Comment