5.22.2008

ABC's and 123's

My cousin Aimee tagged me on this ages ago-- but here you go!

A - Attached or single? Somehow I think marriage counts as a little more than attachment.

B - Best friend? Isaac rocks my world. But Lindsay, lets be honest, you were my first love.

C - Cake or pie? Definitely pie, my dad got me hooked on that one.

D - Day of choice? Right now I'm really enjoying Sundays. Mostly the afternoon part, where I get to crawl back in bed for a few hours.

E - Essential item? Chapstick-- do you remember the urban legend about how chapstick has something addictive in it? Whatever it is, it worked. I'm hooked.

F - Favorite color? Green. With brown.

G - Gummy bears or worms? Worms.

H - Hometown? This is a problem here, folks, and something I've been thinking about lately. My first response is to say Boise, because that's where I feel like I grew up, but something about my family abandoning the most perfect place in the worlds makes me feel like an outsider. In reality I went to elementary school in Salt Lake, which is significant because that's where I met Isaac. And we're living here now and lets face it, I think we will be living here for the rest of our lives. But as much as I love Salt Lake I'm a newcomer and its sooo not my hometown-- or even if it were, WHICH PART would be the one to claim? Taylorsville, where I lived the longest? West Jordan, where I was born and where my parents went after Boise? Or West Valley, where I am now? I guess I could claim Logan but that doesn't really seem right either. I'm feeling lost. Isn't there a psychological term for this? Something we could blame my parents for? Rant over.

I - Indulgences?Popcorn, garbanzo beans, blog reading, library books, sleeping in.

J - January or July? July is hot and sweaty and absolutely beautiful. I adore it.

K - Kids? Lets see: I teach, I babysit, I borrow small babies on a regular basis. I collect children's books and I daydream about how I will raise my own. I am with them at work and at a school and I voluntary hang out with them during my free time. I am definitely noticing a trend here.

L - Life isn't complete without? Isaac. And after that, our families.

M - Marriage date? December 19, 2006.

N - Number of brothers and sisters? Four-- two of each. And I am the bossiest older sister ever.

O - Oranges or apples? Apples

P - Phobias or fears? Garbage trucks and spiders. I don't know, I can't explain it either.

Q - Quote?
"Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh everyday, ah, now that's a real treat!"
-Joanne Woodward

I really like my husband for a lot of reasons, but this covers a whole bunch. The man is an absolute delight.

R - Reason to smile? Besides Isaac? How about I am sitting in a quiet house and my only responsibility is two years old and taking a nap.

S - Season of choice? Summer, summer, summer.

T - Tag six: Oh boy, I hate this part. How about: the other Aimee (that's you, with the little figs. Am I right you don't like your last name out there?), Sarah, Camille, Whittney, Jalayne, and the OTHER Aimee, the one who is in DC.

U - Unknown fact about me? I already told you I was afraid of garbage trucks. I think that's enough TMI for one day, thank you very much.

V - Vegetable? Do garbanzo beans count? If not, I am in love with asparagus anyway.

W - Worst habit? Reading too much. Or maybe eating too much.

X - X-ray or ultrasound? I'm not really sure what kind of a question this is... I'll stick with the ultrasound.

Y - Your favorite food? Popcorn. And also garbanzo beans. Mmmm.

Z - Zodiac sign? Leo

1 -we have just one car and I think living here is going to make that more challenging that it was before.

2 – this is how many times the power has gone out in the last 36 hours.

3 – days I have left to write a talk for church on Sunday. Using the theme of Memorial Day... oy. I don't like being a grown up.

4 – years since I left Boise.

5 - could be the number of kids I want . Maybe.

6 - months till I graduate. Probably.

7 - the number of library books I have waiting on hold for me.

8 - days since I last went grocery shopping.

9 -weeks since my last haircut. It's getting desperate.

10 – the number of nieces and nephews we have, soon to be upped.


No comments: